Friday, April 15, 2005

I'm glad it's Friday

Friday's are good. I have two days to look forward to. It's refreshing to know that I won't have to look at the four walls of this office for the next couple of days. I wish more of my days were away from this place and I were still able to pay my bills. Ax and I are going to see Sarhara tonight with some friends. It should be fun. I'll just be glad for a change. And next weekend we are going to Savannah for our third anniversary. I hope the weather is hot. I'm looking forward the beach at Tibee Island as well.
Man oh man, I had Krystals for dinner last night after court. They can really do a number on the tummy. Court didn't last very long. Traffic court is full of interesting things and people. It's frightening how much of the population is uneducated and have criminal histories. The lifestyles some people live are also scary. People who have been raised in good families take for granted the small things they've absorbed that give them just plain decency. So many people have no morals or standards. Sometimes it baffles me that churches spend so much time and energy on ministries so far away in other courntries. There are people next to them in line at the grocery store who don't know that Jesus died on the cross and gave us priceless wisdom to live by in the Bible. The nameless, faceless people driving down the road in the car next to you. But I'm not knocking missionaries. God Bless them. So that all peoples may know HIM. I have just come come to realize after many shameful mistakes there a human being is NEVER truly happy or satisfied until they are filling their intended purpose on this planet. That purpose is to know, serve, and praise God. I've tried to tell my brother, who has a restless soul. He is always bored and looking for some way to satisfy a need he probably can't even describe. I hope he is blessed with the ability to figure it out and realize the truth for himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home