Thursday, April 21, 2005

Life and Death

There has been too much death around me lately. A guy Ax works with, we are good friends with him....his grandma passed away. We had met her once at the hospital. Ax's mom was in the hospital having a kidney removed, she has Polycycstic Kidney Disease, and while we were there visiting her we stopped in to see Chad's grandma. She was a really sweet lady. Chad's family kinda of expected this was going to happen soon. She had been sick. I just feel bad for people who lose grandparents. My maternal grandmother is dear to me. While she does have personality quirks that can drive a person insane, she is a wonderful lady that I have learned a lot from. My fraternal grandparents are pretty much worthless. My dad's mom is somewhat decent, however my dad's father is repulsive. He is known to have molested two of his daughters. My dad had three sisters. The youngest supposedly wasn't touched by him but I've never asked her. One of my dad's three sisters, Faye, has passed away from alcohol abuse. She was a drunk, drug abuser, prostitute most of her life. She died August of 2003. I believe she suffered the brunt of the abuse. She wasn't perfect but I knew she loved me. Anyway, I've completely rambled off the subject...kind of.....the other death has been the wife of my cousin's ex-husband. I didn't know her but her death greatly upset my cousin, EB,....and I love my cousin. I have three cousins that are half Hawaiian. My family is white however my uncle married a Hawaiian he met in California while he was in the Navy in the 60's or 70's. EB is a precious person. She has a great personality and a flamboyant style that I admire.
Ax and I are leaving for our Savannah anniversary trip on Saturday. However last nite I came close to giving up on the whole thing. April has five Friday's in it. Which allowed Ax to receive three paychecks this month. I figured that one of these could be set aside for our trip money. However Ax asked me about due dates on the mortgage and his truck payment. We began to look things over and see that I hadn't managed the due dates very well. That my plans to pay these bills would have them being paid ON the due date and not a month ahead of time like Ax prefers. He is absolutely anal about money. He completely stressed me out last night. I actually cried. And then when that started everything else that he's been doing that has bothered me lately came gushing out. Like the fact the sometimes when we are with another couple Ax makes me feel invisible. He focuses completely on them and the conversation with them and will actually walk off and leave me alone. This does NOT make me feel like the princess that I am! Hello! Just kidding, but seriously, it hurts my feeling. So last nite I had a good boo hoo. Then I woke up this morning feeling kind of crappy about life in general. It would've been an excellent day to call in sick except that we have court tonight. Damn responsibilities. Damn crappy feeling. But at least Ax did comfort me with a little make up lovin' this morning. That was nice.
On another note the bike ride yesterday was wonderful. It was a perfect day for it. The only thing I would undo about it all was when my foot slipped off the pedal. The back of my leg is now scrapped up and bruised. It's a boo boo.
Now there is a complete jackass here paying a ticket. He came a few minutes ago and I told him we couldn't take a check. It's actually typed on the back of the yellow copy that officers give offenders. But evidently he is just too haughty and royal to read it . I actually hate telling people we cant take personal checks. We aren't set up for credit cards and I know it's a big inconvenience. I personally do not ever carry cash. My debit card is my best friend. But this guy was a completely arrogant jerk. When he came back with the cash my supervisor took his money. Thank goodness. He made my blood pressure go up. Who needs that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home