Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The BAD: My brother has been addicted to opiates/hydrocodone/oxycontin for 5 years now. He was kicked out my mom's house recently and had claimed (once again) to have become clean. Jeff lives there with his wife and three kids. My dad called from Iraq and told him that he would be out for good when my dad got home if Jeff was still using. Well, last night Jeff announced that he would be checking himself into treatment today. Turns out he was never clean. I'm so fed up with him. Why is he so selfish? Why can't he control himself? His little children are so precious. Why can't he spend all that money that's going towards drugs on his babies? Damn it. I love Jeff so much. I'd give my own life for him. He is charming, good looking, witty, smart (most of the time), only damned 24 years old. God, help him. I've prayed so many prayers for Jeff that I know God will have to help Jeff. If not because He is sick of my broken record prayers. Honestly there is Good in Jeff going into treatment. Though hope is in short supply because he's burned us all so many times before.
The GOOD: Daddy is leaving Iraq tomorrow night! Praise God!! He will be in Biloxi, Mississippi. Back on US soil!!! My goodness, I've missed my pop. It will be joyous beyond words when I'm able to hug his neck. (I need to get a grip, I'm tearing up just thinking about it!) My mom is jumping for joy too! Understandably. It's been a very tough year for her. Putting up with Jeff. Dealing with Jonathan. And Oh My Garsh, the crap from my dad's sister Jackie and her husband Todd has been unreal, just completely unreal.
The UGLY: I have had the most horrible, gawd awful migrane headache for the past two days. It's just either gonna have to let up otherwise my head needs to just friggin go ahead and explode. Just get it over with. I woke up Tuesday night at about 1:30 am with a disgusting, throbbing pain on the right side of my head. I took migrane medicine and then could NOT go back to sleep until like 5:30 am. Needless to say I felt like total crap on Wednesday, and my head was STILL hurting. I have a headache now and I'm praying it lets up before the circus starts around here. We've got court tonight. Yeah, fun. Lemme tell ya. At least it's not the judge that considers the rulings he makes to be a joint decision between the two of us. Yes, you read that right. Granted it is only midemeanor traffic court but the man will look over at me to help him decide how to handle cases and decide jail time. Uh-huh, I know it's batshit crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl from L.A. said...

Your brother is a grown man and you need to just let him take care of himnself. There is only so much you can do for him. I just feel for his wife and his kids.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home