Thursday, September 29, 2005

Suddenly

All of a sudden my mind will wander. It will remember a place that I haven't been to in years. I'll remember the way the sun reflected off of things around me. The way the wind blew and how that breeze felt. The smell in the air. My memory makes me want to revisit these places. To feel those same things again. Like it was a happy time for me and I want that happiness back. It' mine but somehow I've lost it. Those carefree places I've been in my life. Just riding down a particular road with no special destination. What most often captures my memory is getting up early in the morning and stepping outside. Feeling the brisk air, seeing the sun beginning to brighten my surroundings. Remembering the excitement I felt at some vague point as I was leaving out on vacation. It's a bittersweet memory. Because I know that this day and all the days to come will be the same. The excitement is only a memory. This day I will only get in my car and go to work to be bored to tears. The day will be wasted. Those teasing memories of exciting days gone by are indeed melancholy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home