Friday, September 23, 2005

The Fur Flies

I was just wondering what my position is on fur. I love animals and I've questioned myself about how far my feelings for the animal kingdom extend. Is my love of animals such that I would say the use of animals for their fur is cruel? While I'm sure that I would be extremely grossed out by the process of taking the fur from the animal I'm rather inclined to say that ownership of real fur items is basically okay. In my own small town mind I'd have to say that owning one or maybe two special items made of real fur is okay. Unfortunately I am aware that I live in a greedy society. Celebrities want to own a hundred fur items that coordinate with all their outfits. Already my own unstable opinion is faltering. I'm beginning to think that ownership of real fur becomes cruel when ownership is excessive. When have I not thought that this society is excessive? Not often to say the least. It's probably horrible in a way that I'm sitting here thinking about how luxurious real fur is. God blessed animals with amazing, beautiful fur. I honestly can't blame people for owning select items. So where does that train of thought lead me? If I'm idiotic enough to say that it's okay to want it because it's pretty is it okay to own a live exotic animal because it's nice to look at? Ummm....no. That would be cruel. To take an animal out of its environment and put it in a confined space just because it's fun to look at is beyond absurd. Okay, so it's illegal to take possession of the creature and better to kill it for it's fur. Ewwww....I don't like where this is leading or where the fur is flying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home