Monday, September 19, 2005

Unexplained Things

This world is a strange place. My mom went to see a move called "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Mom told me about the movie and frankly the entire idea of it all freaks me out. This world is so full of unexplained things. I know that there are demons on this earth. I don't really think they roam around looking to jump into people. However I do believe that some people ( who are more succeptible and maybe even "weak" is the word I need to describe these people) have the potential to become possessed if they open themselves up to the darkness that demons inhabit. Of course, I'd have to mention that I don't think anyone would ever do such a thing purposefully. It's just that I believe if a person is not saved and covered by the blood of Christ and such a vulnerable person is in the wrong place at the wrong time then a possession could occur. Acutally the entire thought of it completely creeps me out. I am glad for my vast ignorance on this subject. The Bible clearly states that we should seek the light and the truth. Witchcraft and demons are the complete opposite of Christ. I know enough to thank God for all the good and beauty He has created. The light is so very wonderful. The darkness so frighteningly, disgustingly ugly. The only purpose the movie that my mom went to see could possibly have is scare some people into recognizing that we must all choose a side. Which team to be on. There are no spectators. We all in the game. Which are you associated with? Discussions like this one, that I've mainly had with myself, make me realize that if I want to be a child of God I must act and speak a little better. No, not a little, a lot. My language could certainly use some cleaning up. That's for sure. And I wish I didn't allow myself to be talked out of going to church. Church is were I go to re-charge. Church is my coping mechanism. Prasing and worshiping God renews me, strengthens me, gives me hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home