Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My Ode to Summer

I am in love with summer. I crave time outside in the sunshine. It's such a curse in a lot of ways to have to come into work everyday. The spring time is so joyful and the summer time is so beautiful. God's creations are amazing. I'm thankful that I'm able to experience them be it so very limited.
On Saturday an event will occur for the first time in about 10 years. My family is going to gather at my grandmother's house for dinner. To the average family this may sound common or normal. Not for my family. My grandmother is 80 years old and has a part time job as a receptionist at a nursing home. My granny puts her job before every family member or family function. She has done this for many years now. She has skipped Christmas, Easter, birthdays, you name it in order to go to work. Granted, she is "relief" for others who are unable to be there. However she has been ridiculous about absolutely NEVER committing to any family gathering because she might be called into work. If you should be so fortunate as to get her to say that she will attend of something the sentence or conversation always ends with her saying the most annoying phrase of all time "I'll be there ""as far as I know"". The "as far as I know" part is infuriating. However for this gathering I was able to guilt her into saying she would not work on Saturday. It's one for the history books, that's for sure.
Next Tuesday my mom, sister-in-law, and neices and nephews will be coming over for spaghetti at my house. This too is a rare occaision, unfortunately. I live 30 minutes away from my mom's house and it's like pulling teeth to get them to say they'll come over. I travel very easily up to their house quite frequently however this has yet to clue them into the fact that the drive isn't that bad.
Ax and I stayed up a little late last nite watching National Treasure starring Nicholas Cage. It's a really good movie. We also saw it in the theaters. I really like it. However my brother Jeff who is in the Masons says the references to the Masons are total bull. Uh huh, yeah right....you can't fool me....I know ya'll are guarding that treasure. Cough it up. I've seen the back of a dollar bill, I know how things are going down. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home