Friday, April 29, 2005

Uggggg....

So I've been here for just a little over an hour and I'm already ready to leave. I hate working alone, it's sucks. Guess I'll write about Savannah. It was wonderful. It's a beautiful city. The bed and breakfast was excellent. However the gourmet breakfasts were a little strange for us. We aren't' used to that fancy stuff. One morning we had Feta-spinach pie. It tasted pretty good, it was just totally odd for us. Ironically it was served with grits on the side. Plain ol grits. Yuck. The owners of the fine establishment were two gay men. This was another strange surprise for us. The website said owners "John and Jesse". We stupidly assumed Jesse was a chick. Uhh NO. Anyway, they were very nice guys and the place was great. We just don't agree with the lifestyle. When we got home from the trip I realized that the most embarrassing thing had obviously happened! Ax was is so impatient that he emptied our clothes out of the bureau while I did everything else. The only problem is that he missed a drawer. We ended up leaving my unmentionable undergarments and sexy anniversary lingerie in that drawer!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!! I had to call and ask them to mail my undies to me. I wanted to DIE. I still can't believe it's happened. So here I am....waiting to get my underwear in the mail. Uggggg....
Tomorrow is the fundraiser yardsale for my high school reunion. I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to go and sit outside while people rummage thru my junk. I hope I sell it all.
I've begun to write letters to a girl I grew up in church with letters. She is in jail now in south Georgia. She is there for deposit account fraud and drug related charges. She has been in and out of jail for awhile now. I'll be praying for her.
Ya know, the power of prayer is awesome. If you try to live for God and talk to him regularly and then you begin to know that He hears your prayers is amazing. I mean it's the Almighty GOD who can hear you if you seek him. It's too big to fully grasp. But I do grasp it enough to know with all my heart that God is good and he loves each and every single life on this planet. It's a humbling thing to have your prayers heard and sometimes answered the way you were hoping for. But a person can't forget that God is perfect and does all things according to HIS will and His time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home