Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Letter to God

Dear God, If my heart hurt any worse I think I'd be dead. I know for a fact that I'd feel a lot a better that way. Dead that is. Or at least in heaven. I can't wait to get there. So that my heart won't be broken anymore. The reason it's hurting so horribly bad is because of my youngest brother, Jeff. I want more than anything else in this life for him to be okay. God, I'm sure you know from my prayers that Jeff has had a bad problem with drugs. Oxycontin and opiates. Jeff has been on and off them for several years now. He has three of the most beautiful children that anyone on the planet would be proud of. But Jeff is depressed and unhappy with his life and continues to turn to drugs. God PLEASE PLEASE HELP HIM. Use me. In anyway you want. For some reason, God, you saw fit to attach my heart strings to Jeff. How he lives his life is so, so important to so many people that love him. Jeff doesn't know how to be happy or at peace. God, I have told Jeff that the only way to be happy is to serve you. Jeff said he has tried praying and reading the Bible but that none of it does him any good. I told Jeff that he must seek You diligently and that he has to get up off his duff and serve you and he will see results. I told Jeff that I know it feels like he is hitting a brick wall and that his prayers aren't going anywhere but I know You hear them. I told Jeff that I know sometimes we must climb the mountain so that we may triumph when we reach the top. There would be no glory if You moved them all for us. God, PLEASE draw Jeff to your house with your spirit. God let your pull on him be stronger than the pull of the drugs. God let him overcome his addictions for the rest of his life and bless him with the wisdom to be a good father to the wonderful children you've blessed him with. God give us all strength. Please, Heavenly Father, hear my prayers for Jeff. Let my prayers lift Jeff up before your holiness. Father, let your mercy and compassion touch Jeff's life. God I pray it with all my heart. Lead him away from the drugs and toward You.
Jesus, I praise your name for being our savior and living the perfect life upon this Earth and for dying on the cross for our sins so that we me come unto the Father.
In Jesus' holy name I pray, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home