Monday, August 22, 2005

What a weekend

Saturday nite Ax and I went out with some friends to Chili's. We had a decent time. After that we went to a local country/western bar that also mixes in some dance music occaisionally. Ax absolutely hates the place. He said he'd do anything to get out of there. I asked him half jokingly if that meant he'd go to a tatoo shop. He said yes! I said okay so we left to go to a local shop. It was almost midnight but we'd been told that it would be open until 1 am. We got there and I expected Ax to look thru some designs and get some prices then be outta there. But instead he found a design he really liked and asked the price. The artist said it's normally $160 but if u do it now I'll do it for $110. Ax said okay. I couldn't believe it! I have always wanted him to get a tatoo. I've thought he'd look sexy with one. And boy have I been right! Anyway his inking experience went well for the first 10 minutes and then he said he was feeling faint. The guy stopped and then all of a sudden Ax passed out. Then he had a slight seizure that lasted about 5 seconds but felt like and eternity to me. It scared me something awful! My nerves were shot. I was ready to call an ambulance or something. But the guys there didn't seem to think it as any big deal. Ax has vesovegal. He passes out when he sees a needle coming his way or blood. It's common with him and his family. I've only seen him do it one other time. It was before we got married in March of 2002. My brother had an awful car accident and was int he hospital. I had no idea that Ax had this tendency and he hadn't told me. We were in my brothers hospital room and all of a sudden Ax falls backward. He hit his head and then had a seizure. Then when the nurses got in there he had another one. It scared the ever loving crap out of me. I was all nerves and snotting and crying and praying. It was horrible for me. He was scared but okay. Now back to the tatoo. Ax is tough as nails. After he was done with passing out and quick seizure he had Mtn Dew. A few minutes later he said, "Okay, lets finish this." I coudn't believe it!!! I was ready to carry him to the car myself and call an ambulance and call it quits. But not him.. He was over it and ready to go! It was obviously no biggie to him. He was a champ thru the rest of it. All I did was keep him distracted by talking about Star Wars and all kinds of movies. Everything went fine after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home