Monday, August 08, 2005

Restless...

I feel restless. Like I've forgotten something important. But I know that there is nothing. So now I want something to occupy whatever this void is. I know I feel restless about the job that Ax has applied for. I've prayed about it. I hope it's God's will. It would be a great job. The starting pay would be more than he's making. The company would be a large governmental type institution. Security, benefiets, moolah. God, I pray, make it happen. The job closed yesterday. Maybe Ax will hear something in a couple of days.
Daddy, in Iraq, has said to stop sending him mail after Sept 15. So that's certainly good news. He will hopefully be home in October. We need him back! Our family is certainly incomplete without him. It's difficult to realize the exact role a person fills in your family until they are suddenly absent. Daddy brings us together. He loves to "grill out". Ya know, have everyone over and grill out burgers and chicken (which he never gets done exactly right). I sure do love him and miss him.
I had a great weekend with Ax. It was refreshing. He is remodeling my mom's bathroom for her. We went and bought the tile Saturday night. I will definitely be glad when he's finished. He complains and gripes about it too much. Just a typical man I suppose.
I have been hungry all weekend and it has spilled over into today. I can't seem to eat enought. I believe I have actually lost a couple of pounds recently tho. Completely by accident. And now I'm ready to eat until I pop. Anybody got any cookies? Heehee.
I have a trip for working coming up. A conference at Jekyll Island, GA. My mom and granny will be going with me. I am looking forward to a change of scenery. I just hope the three of us can get along. Granny can be ornery. Mom has a very strong personality. They can be like oil and water. I have hope for the situation tho. I'm sure it will be good bonding time for the three of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home