Friday, August 12, 2005

Annoyed

My mother is an amazing woman. But she can really annoy me. She can be too harsh at times. Ax is remodeling her bathroom. I originally felt bad the he was charging her for the work. I had the idea that family should help family out. However I've since come to re-think my position. My mom would seriously take whatever someone is willing to give and exploit them. A part of me feels guilty for typing these words but it's just the opinion I've come to have because of how I've seen my mother behave over this bathroom situation. So we are in the end stages of this saga. Ax has complained and gripped and said things that have angered me over this. I will be exceedingly joyful when this project is completed. I will discourage any future dealings of this nature between Ax and my mom in the future. However this last obstacle seems quite daunting. It's time for the tile to be put down. Ax went and bought 14 boxes of tile. It was paid for with mom's credit card of course. Ax went out of his way to two different Home Depot's to get the tile. He loaded it up, transported it, and unloaded it at her house. His back ached badly the next day. He is planning to employ his fathers help one day on the tile job. They have estimated that it will cost $600 or less (money isn't a big issue for mom either). Ax is trying to give her a break the best he feels he can. He believes that paying someone to do the job would cost mom twice as much. So now...here's the kick in the pants from my mom. I saw her yesterday and she has decided that she may NOT want Ax to do the tiling. She is going to ask around and see if anyone "knows" anyone who will price the tile job for her. She is deluded in thinking that she can get the massive area of her bathroom and part of her den tiled for less that $600. I'm very aggraved and disappointed by how she is acting. It is going to upset Ax as well. He has done all that he has done not for the $13 an hour but mainly for her. He works a full time job and we live 30 minutes from mom. Both my brothers live there with her and have not offered to lift a finger to help to maybe cut some costs for mom. It all seems to be going wrong. Ax's good intentions are overlooked because mom doesn't realize he's trying to go very easy on her cost wise. Mom is just looking out for #1. I'm in the middle. I don't guess any of us is happy. I haven't told Ax about how mom is acting over the tile job. He would be very upset and drop it all completely. I am sick of worrying about how this is going to turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home