Tuesday, August 23, 2005

More on the Weekend.

On Sunday I called my mother to ask her to meet Ax and I for lunch. She said she would but a little later that we were asking because she had been up really late. She informed us that she'd found out that my brother Jeff was using drugs again. He is addicted to opitates, being hydrocodone and oxycontin. He will take every penny from everywhere he can get it and use it to buy the drugs. Jeff keeps breaking our hearts over and over again. The car accident I mentioned in the previous post was a result of his drug use. Then his hospital stay only made it worse being that he was presribed multiple refills of the type of drug he's addicted to. Kelli, his wife has also been addicted and come clean several times. However this time she's supposedly clean. The last battle which was only about 2 months ago Mother told them both that they'd be kicked out if they got on them again. Mother told them that she'd get custody of their three kids and that she would disown them. Well, true to her word and rightly so, Mother has kicked Jeff out. Which he kinda left volutarily because he knew the consequences. Mother told him not to come around or call. She told him that he was trading his family for drugs. She called me Sunday evening before she had her last talk with Jeff. She wanted me to give her reassurance that she was doing the right thing. I tried my best to reinforce what she already knew. She is trying to save his life. Nothing else has worked. She's been stretched to her absolute limit. We all have. I love Jeff dearly. I'd give anything for him to be better. But honestly my opinion of him is on the fast decline. He is proving himself to be a peice of crap. My heart breaks for his wife and children. While he has kept a job, he has failed to obviously allocate earned funds appropriately. What kind of loving father and good provider is a dope addict? A pathetic one I'd say.
Later that evening Ax and I were settling in for a relaxing evening after having been to visit his parents. We weren't able to relax long. Mother called. She wanted us to drive all the way up to her part of town, which is a 45 minute drive, to have dinner at Chucky Cheese. Not our favorite place and we were worn out. But we went. She said she really needed to see us. We got there after the long drive and still had to wait 10 minutes on everyone to get there. They live 10 minutes away! What the heck! Anyway. I'm was almost glad to see Monday. I said almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home