Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Red Lipstick

Isn't red lipstick the most fabulousss thing ever created? Sometimes I'm naughty and I order from Avon. I must admit that it is risky to order lipstick and colours based on pictures in a catalog. There often misleading. But a part of me finds it fun. When I've received my order, what colour will my products actually turn out to be? Just a little fun for my cloudy little world. Yesterday the sweet little old lady, Betty is her name, brought me my latest order. Wonderful mascara that lengthens and volumizes. The advertising for the mascara actually said it would make it look as though you have false eyelashes. It works magnificiently. (My mother frequently wears false eylashes. She has big beautiful eyes and the falsies wonderfully complement her eyes. Mother is very feminine and has a beautiful style). And OH the lipstick. Luxiourious! I'd actually say it's more of a bright cranberry colour. Makes my lips speak to you before I do. After Betty brought me these little treasures yesterday I had to immediately try them on and very shortly thereafter received a complement. There is nothing more feminine than long eyelashes and sexy red lips. My husband, Ax, likes the new colour. Although I feel the need now to confess a bit. Ladies, be wary of any orange shade of lipstick. While if the shade is worn with the right shirt or blouse it can be attractive. I once ordered an orangey shade from dear old Betty that nearly made me cringe when I saw it looking back at me from the tube. I tried it on and it looked okay but I wasn't wearing the right colour clothing. The next day I made a point to wear a coral coloured shirt so that I could try out my new shade of lipstick. Ax was a little taken aback. But I loved it. I realize that if any man were to read this post and had made it this far in his reading he may be amused to find out that women will wear clothing specifically to complement the make-up they chose. Absolutely! New jewlery may require a new outfit. New shoes most certainly do. And sometimes, yes sometimes, a new lipstick shade will require new clothes too. Women can be wonderfully funny creatures. Another confession: it was quite difficult this morning for me to resist planting a very red kiss upon Ax's cheek, just for giggles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home