Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Breakfast Woes

On my way to work this morning I decided with much passion that I neeeeded breakfast from Hardee's. There were no cars waiting in the drive-thru so I thought it would be a quick trip and I'd get to work in time. After those little thoughts were thunk the breakfast gods began to laugh uproariously. It seems as though the sub-IQ having ladies working the drive-thru were functioning well enough until I drove up. It seems my order of the Combo #3 completely befuddled them...ALL. As I sat there waiting I saw no less than FOUR plump young ladies looking into each of the bags discussing their contents. The drive-thru window was open a bit and I could hear them all wondering what in the world of breakfast foods is in this bag? or that bag? One bag in particular really threw them all for a loop. Nevermind that I was waiting and as the clock ticked the minutes by I would've gladly accepted ANYTHING handed to me just so I could continue my commute. Why in the name of breakfast did they all decide they were retarded at the precise minute I pulled up? Only Buddah knows.

4 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

THAT is the crap that happens to me.

I could tell you the WORST drive-thru story ever . . . . and, yes, I sure as buddha did get that person fired IM-MED-IATELY!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Something about those Hardee's morning workers makes me think they don't have the highest IQ of the fast food divas...

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Meghan, What is the story?? Gimme a little synopsis....my curosity is up.
Sarah, So true. Hardee's employees must surely be the bottom dwellers of the fast food diva hierarchy.

11:49 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

As short as I can make it:

Senior year of college two guy friends of mine and I go to Arby's at 9:48 PM. They close at 10, but we have 12 damn minutes.

We're in the drive-thru, the chick comes on the speaker and says "Can you hold please, we're having a problem with the register". Sure, no problem. 4 minutes later I'm all "Umm . . hello, we're still here." And she comes back on with "I haven't forgotten about you, thanks for being so patient, just another minute or so."

5 minutes later Stephen's losin it and yells "We'd like to order now!" and the chick comes back on, like she's NEVER talked to us before and says "I'm sorry, we're closed."

WTF????????????
You do not know how many levels of pissed off I went through.
Nor do you want to know how close I came to bashing in the drive thru window when we pulled around to give them a piece of our mind.

I called the owner the next day.
Skank was fired immediately.
Where do they FIND these people??

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home