Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Brrrrrrrr

It was supermega (a highly technical term) cold here this morning. To avoid the cold I fed the cats on a paper plate. I so did not want to go outside onto the deck with the bag of crunchy food and can of slimy, stinky wet food and dump it out while the cats tried to bite my fingers. They also try to rush the house as soon as a door is cracked open. I totally can't blame them though. I'd do the same thing if some heartless bum left me out all night and then that warm blast of air hit me when the door opened. The cats also enjoy standing in the exact spot you want to put your foot down on. Amazing, isn't it? I'm trying to walk to feed the little dummies, yet they hinder me by putting their bodies in my footpaths. Could it be that they're subconsciously suicidal? They actually want my big 'ol bootie having self to crunch their kitty skulls. So anyway, I avoided the entire scene by putting the kitty crunch and super-stinky food onto a plate and only opening the deck door to deposit the food. While the little buggers weren't very cooperative, I had to avoid setting the food down directly on their heads. Strange little critters. Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots, .....oh wait, sorry, brain fart there. That's not what I meant to say. Further evidence of my mental breakdown.

The next thing I did this morning was to break out the old heavy winter coat. A very attractive gift from my beloved last winter. It's black wool with grey furry trim at the collar and sleeves. I snuggled into it and headed to the office. While strutting my oh so sexy stuff through the office I placed my hands into my pockets. What do I discover? Old, crusty snot rags from runny noses gone by. What a delicious way to start the day.

Today I will deliver gifts I've purchased for foster children. My church has put me in charge of the program. Our local county has a lady that runs a Christmas program for foster kids. I sponsor one child and give my time to shop for gifts. My church also sponsors several children. I receive the name, age, sizes, and wish lists for each child. I spend $100 or close on each of them. This year we've sponsored 6 kids. While that may not sound like much to some folks, it really is A LOT of stuff. My car is loaded down to the max. All the shopping can be a little stressful at times but the rewards are worth it. And while I don't ever get to meet the children I truly hope they enjoy what I've bought for them. I suppose not knowing can be a bit of a blessing itself. I'll never know if one of them opened a gift and started making gagging noises. I'd say that it's possible such a thing has occured. But I will never know. I only dance around like a happy little elf, buying and delivering. Never caring if that teenage girl would never be caught dead in the soft furry white sweater that I bought her. I just do the giving. That's it. Merry Christmas, invisible children!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home