Monday, November 28, 2005

My Aunt Jackie

My aunt Jackie is the youngest of four siblings. My dad is the oldest, then Connie, then Johnna Faye (who passed away August 2003), then Jackie. Jackie is 40 years old and has been married three times. With her first husband she had a daughter, Chasity. Chasity's grandparents raised her. Jackie then had two daughters (Haven and Mandi) with her second husband. Their grandparents raised them. Yes, you've read it right. She is the biological mother of three children but did not raise or pay child support for any of them. Jackie is currently married to Todd, who is in the military with my dad. My dad introduced them.
I believe that Jackie is suffering from serious mental and emotional health issues. In summation, I think she's crazy. It all started when Johnna Faye passed away. Jackie and Johnna Faye had never been close. Actually, they despised each other. Jackie's self image is of being a spoiled princess. Johnna Faye's self image was awful. She was an alcoholic/drug user who basically killed herself with addiction. She had been a prostitute and dated a man that beat the holy crap out of her regularly. Jackie completely flipped out when Johnna Faye died. My honest assessment of the situation is that my aunt Jackie craves attention and used Johnna Faye's death as a selfish avenue. The funny thing is that Johnna Faye would've been the very first person to tell Jackie to shut up and get over it.
In November 2004, Haven had a baby (Ashton) with her piece of crap boyfriend. Obviously Haven never really had a parental example of a healthy relationship. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I believe it. However, I digress. For Christmas 2004 my entire family (except dad who as in Iraq) took a family trip to Gatlinburg, TN. We all stayed in a big cabin together. My little brother Jeff and his wife Kelli were there with their three children. The youngest (Preslie) was about the same age as Ashton.
A horrible thing happened next. Little Ashton passed away at 4 months old in February 2005. Understandably, Jackie was/is extremely distraught. The problem is that now, almost 10 months later, Jackie refuses to be anywhere near Preslie. Jackie refuses to attend any family function that Preslie will be at. Jackie has evidently projected some terribly mis-guided grief onto Preslie. Jackie has actually said that she is resentful that Preslie is still with us. Is this not the SICKEST thing you've ever heard of?!
All I know is that if I'm ever around and I personally witness Jackie mistreating little Preslie in any way, shape, fashion, or form I will beat her to an unrecognizable pulp. Not a threat, a promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

It sounds like she's doing it for the attention . . . AGAIN. It's like she has to be front and center so doing something completely off the damn wall, yet having a decent excuse, gets her there.

No offense to your family, but I always hate people like that. I had a friend (notice I said had) and it was all about her when I got sick. I was convinced that she wasn't worried about me AT ALL, that she just hung around the hospital and such to show how caring and sweet and wonderful she was.

Gag me.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Right on. Down with attention grubbers. And Meghan, no offense taken, whatsoever. Your ex-friend reminds me of Jackie.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home