Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Granny, The Fake

My granny must be the most fake and phony woman alive. Her advanced age has helped her to perfect this persona. I have decided to continue my weekly lunch date with her despite the problems in aforementioned posts. I always buy her lunch because I know she doesn't have a money tree and because I do...his name is Ax. (Okay, so he's not my money tree, he's my husband who takes care of me and lets me buy my insane granny lunch.) My point here is that when I'm out with granny she overly gushes complements about/to me. How no one else cares about her, how I am the only one who thinks of her, blah blah blah. In reality I've come to understand that I may well have been the only one naive or blind enough to her ways to TOLERATE her. I believe that she attempts to "sweeten me up" ,shall we say, because I give her money, buy her groceries, and take her to lunch. Frankly, this sickens me. I know that my granny loves me I just don't understand why she thinks she has to say phony bullcrap things to me. A prime example of this is when we head out to lunch and I ask her where she'd like to eat. Granny says, "I don't care where we eat, I'm just glad to get to see you and spend time with you." GAG GAG GAG. Just effing say Wendy's, McDonald's, or some such place!!!! I would bet the world that she most certainly knows that I'd do everything I do for her (and more if she asked) without all the empty words.

I have come to suspect that in addition to phoniness the character trait of "manipulative" can also be added to the description of granny's lovely personality. I truly believe that she purposely got herself into the big fat financial mess she's in just because she knew that I (or my mom) would offer to take it all off her hands. Like I've said before, she may be 80 but she's by no means stupid. She knows that her age is on her side. People take pity on the elderly. Not to mention the number she pulled on my mother regarding the property that was basically given to my uncle Mike. As far as the financial mess goes, I really hope that I threw a major wrench into the plans when I gave it all over to my uncle Mike. It's so very appropriate for him to have it all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I wish I could be more like you. I'd end up screaming at her in the middle of the restaurant, telling her how I'm tired of her using me and I'd rather not have her in my life.

I wish I had more tolerance for people, it makes things so mush easier!

1:52 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

You are a saint.
Truly.
You should be canonized or whatever it is they do to saints.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Sarah, Yes. She most certainly does test my tolerance level.
Meghan, Canonized or COMMITTED; would be more like it. Ha.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home