Monday, November 14, 2005

R and R

Rest and relaxation. Aaaaahhhh...Ax and I went to Pigeon Forge, TN. Our cabin was beautiful, the scenery breathtaking. But the traffic was INSANELY DISGUSTINGLY HORRIBLE. When we arrived at Pigeon Forge it was around 1:30 p.m. We thought we'd call to see about an early check in (it was 4 p.m.) They said, "Sure, come on down." Oh but NO, NO, NO. It took us 2 hours to go about 3 miles once we got off the exit. The only salvation was that Ax had his dad's portable DVD player and we watched Joe Dirt. Ax and I happen to think this masterpiece of a movie is absolutely hilarious! I'm sure there are a few out there who would disagree, but yes, we know, we're crazy. So anyway...we finally get to check-in. Then we head back out into the wonderful wonder of traffic to get our cabin. EEEEEEKKKK....traffic could seriously make even the sanest person insane. Trust me, I know this. And we won't talk about how we almost couldn't find the cabin because the map those goobers gave us SUCKED. However, the cabin was heavenly. Hot tub, whirlpool bath (I'm still all pruney), air hockey, pool table...FUN STUFF. We loved it. On Saturday night we became retarded and decided to venture out of the cabin into Pigeon Forge. Traffic, once again was just as bad or worse than when we had arrived. However I worship the ground Ax walks on because he remembered a shortcut in worst hour of desperation. He saved us about 2 hours of sitting in traffic hell. We left out at 6 a.m. on Sunday morning to avoid the traffic. It was a wise move, Obi Wan.
I can also blissfully write that not even one iota of a thought about my wacked out family entered my brain.

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenCanary said...

Pigeon Forge? PIGEON?! That sounds like the Scariest Place On Earth *shuddering*

8:29 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

It's not scary! Promise. Been there, done that, loved it.

Save for the traffic.
I understand COMPLETELY, Jenni.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home