Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I know now

I've figured out what my problem is. Too much damned country music! It plays here in the office during the day. I enjoy some of it. But the rest, totally depressing! Example: Sara Beth by Rascal Flatts. It plays all friggin day on the top 40 country station and makes we want to cry or jump off a bridge or something. So now I must give kudos to a Ms. Avril Lavigne for setting me straight this moring. Avril Rocks. Getting the CD out of my case lead to think of the person who bought it for me. My hubby (referred to as Ax here because of his sharp edges; simple, I know). He has bought 95% of my music for me. I was never really into buying music. I'd always thought that I'd just listen to what was on the radio. But Ax has helped me to see it differently. I understand that the radio isn't going to play it forever so I should buy it in order to enjoy it when I want. Ax is an avid music enthusiast. From the Beatles, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, and Rob Zombie to Metallica. Amost every genre there is. I admire this about him. He can hear the first couple of notes and recognize the artist and song. I am unable to perform this feat. I must hear a voice or chorus before identifing the song. Ax helped me to realize that I am a punk rock fan (Green Day, Weezer, The Ramones!!)

Change of subject. Funny thing. Ax woke up in the wee hours of the morning to tell me that he'd had a bad dream. I asked him what it was about and he proceeded to tell me that he had dreamed that the two of us were at a bowling alley. We were approached by a very large man (giant-like is the description Ax used). For some reason we sat down at a table with him. The large man then began to talk to me in such a manner that Ax described as "acting like he'd just fallen in love with me." The big guy was telling me how he'd never thought that he would meet someone like me, etc. etc. Ax (who is 6', 200lbs) told me that he acted like nothing was wrong and just got up from the table and walked off. Ax then said that he was about to go and get a bowling ball to bash the big guy's head in with. (Ummm...okay) That was the end of the dream (at least what he told me anyway). I told him that, GAH...I would've never sat there with some big 'ol weirdo stranger and let Ax leave me. I said that I'd have got up and left with him. What a weird dream.

3 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Oh wow, I have no idea what to say. Music has always been such a great release for me. I HAVE to have music on. In the car, in the house, on my phone, in my head. LOVE music - all kinds. SO glad that Ax has turned you onto this stuff. Sorry the country is driving you nuts. Country is a state of mind. I get that state of mind maybe for an hour every thirty days. NEED to hear country for that hour. After that, I need NOT to be that depressed.

8:29 AM  
Blogger GreenCanary said...

For your continuing musical education, and to save you some cash, go to www.allofmp3.com. It's seriously the coolest. You can find practically every album ever made and download it or its individual songs for a fraction of the cost. Entire albums cost little more than a buck.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Country is a state of mind...a bad state. And thanks canary I will check it out.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home