Monday, November 07, 2005

Bitterness and Blessings

Ax's birthday party was fabulousss. Everyone was there (except for my parents). The food was all great. It was fun to try something new with the "Wine and Cheese" theme. I had several different wines available with several different types of cheeses. I had researched the recommended cheese with a particularly wine. Frances Ford Coppolla's wines are our favorite. The weather was perfect. The outdoor fire pit Ax had bought was great out on the deck. It was really the best party I've ever thrown.
I was busy with everything so I didn't really miss my parents. I only wish they'd have been there. Things are better when you can share them with family. Bringing up family....I must mention the bitterness I'm feeling toward my family right now. I invited both my brothers to this party last weekend. Both said they'd come and neither of them showed up. When they inform me of things going on in their lives I make it a point to show up for them. I never forget a birthday or event for Jeff's three kids. However I know without a shadow of a doubt that my brothers forgot me. I felt so tempted to call them and remind them. In the end I'm the one who is hurt. I'm really just so fed up with having to cater to their "forgetfulness". Honestly I know that it's not forgetfulness, it's inconsiderate rudeness. I've always been very conscious of letting the people that I love know that I love them. With both words and actions. When it comes down to it, what do my brothers show me? Nothing. I'm very bitter over this. Bitter that my mom and dad forgot too and went to Gatlinburg instead. The question that remains now is will my mom ever call me? She is very stubborn. If she does call how will we get past my hurt feelings when I know she doesn't really care? Why do I obsess over things? It isn't productive at all. These issues only serve to drain me emotionally. Leaving me depressed when that is so obviously ridiculous. I can focus on the positive. It just seems to take twice the effort.
There is something else I'd rather write about. Things I'm passionate about. Beautiful things that make me happy. The foremost is this fall season. I don't think I could travel the world and visit a more beautiful place than north Georgia in the fall. The trees put on such an enchanting display of color. Just driving down the road and seeing the mountains and the trees lining the road is such a gift. God, thank you for this earth. For the beautiful creation that surrounds me. God, thank you for my eyes that enable me to see it all and my senses that enable to perceive your majesty through your creation. I am so wonderfully blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home