Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Not So Sure

My mom e-mailed me and asked what I thought about the family going back to Gatlinburg for Christmas this year. I'm not so sure this would be a good idea. My Aunt Jackie and her family were there with us last year and we had a good time. However due to the unfortunate situation with my Aunt Jackie as posted in a previous post I'm thinking we should have a home town Christmas this year. While I must admit that when Jackie isn't suffering from some mental issue she really does have one helluva sense of humor. She is funny beyond belief and can have you rolling in the floor with laughter.
It's just that there are too many potential problems with a Gatlinburg Christmas. Obviously Jackie and Preslie would be in close proximity. And I believe my feelings on that issue have been made evident. Not to mention the horrible inconvenience of loading up everyone's Christmas gifts and all the decorations. "Yikes!" is all I can think of on that note. Ax would be totally grouchy about all that. We also missed out on his family's Christmas gathering last year.

A big part of me really, really hopes that mom decides not do this again this year. However there is another part of me who had fun last year and wants do it again. In the end, it isn't up to me. I'll be in the middle. Most likely mom will want us all to go and Ax will not. They can box over it. I'll be on the sides, watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home