Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Future..

The lovely Meghan (thinkingsilentlyaloud) got the wheels of my mind turning with her question about my reproductive endeavors. How would Ax seriously react to me telling him he's gonna be a papa? I honestly wonder if he will pass out. Seriously. I have only seen him pass out around needles and hospitals. But this would certainly be a shocker. Truth be told, I wonder how I will react when I find out. I know people deal with it everyday. I just know it will shake up my life and Ax's too. We have, just like plenty of others, fallen into our routine. We don't like disruptions, generally. Hopefully this will be an exception.
Another shockingly honest point is that both Ax and I cringe with deep aggravation when children are unruly in movie theaters and restaurants. We went to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe this past Saturday. Before the movie was to is halfway point I knew all the kids names on the row behind me because they kept talking very loudly to one another. And the littlest one, directly behind me, kept kicking the back of my seat. I wanted to smack all of them, very hard, whilst screaming my opinions about them and their guardians. So based on this information about Ax and I, one can only wonder about how we will be as prospective parents. Hmmmm.
I know my prospects are much brighter than Ax's. I love kids. That opinion could be because I haven't been tainted by having to work with them or spend large amounts of time around them. I think my house is empty without them. Ax on the other hand can be a bit of a big kid himself. I can totally see him being jealous of my time with anyone else including a baby.
I must also mention my fears of being fat forever if gain weight during pregnancy. I'm already a size 18 and that is very good for me. Getting bigger for anything other than a baby is not an option. Sleep deprivation is also a fear. Honestly though, I'll be happy to face the challenges for the rewards.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Sanity Inspector said...

Children are like feet: they all stink except your own.

And congratulations!

10:36 AM  
Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Congratulations and good luck.

10:42 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

You will be great! I promise!

I feel the same way about kids.
I work with them all day, everyday and think "I could drown this kid in a puddle and feel NO remorse."

Some kids are just bad seeds.
Some parents shouldn't be allowed to pilot a vehicle let alone raise a child.

You don't need to worry on either end. You have a fantastic head on your shoulders and a great husband. You will give enough love and direction to any child you have to overcome anything the outside world could do to it.

Promise.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks for the good vibes. And Meghan, you are too sweet for words. I appreciate everything you've said as well as all your comments. You really do let a little sunshine in with your words.

5:32 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Hey, I just call 'em like I see 'em. :)

And you're welcome!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home