Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dilemma

My grandpa Moon (my dad's father) is dying of cancer. The hospice nurse spent the night at my grandparent's house. Moon stopped breathing twice last night. My parents had to rush over there at 3 a.m. I was there yesterday evening. Moon will probably pass at anytime now. I will feel horrible if I miss the funeral. I desperately want to be there to support my dad. He is really upset over all of this, understandably. I've never been very close to Moon but I still want to be around if anything happens.

Now, the awful dilemma is that Ax and I are supposed to leave for Destin, FL on Saturday. My mom and dad understand that we've planned this for almost a year now and have paid $300 towards our reservations. But my own heart and conscience will be in awful shape if I'm not around. I also realize that Ax would definitely rather take our vacation than sit around on a death watch. That's reasonable. But my heart isn't reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home