Monday, May 15, 2006

Nursery Furniture

Mother said she'd buy my nursery furniture when I told her I was pregnant. She told me to pick out what I wanted. Seems simple enough, right? Not so.
We picked out 4 pieces totaling $1,045 from JCPenney's. Very reasonable considering that my mothers taste is very expensive. Ax and I are making an effort to lessen the burden on her.
Then we received good news for my mother. Ax's parents will buy half the furniture. So that's around $600 for each set of parents. Though we neglected to figure in taxes and shipping, Ax and I may have to contribute some ourselves. My mother was delighted to hear that they'd be helping.
That was 2 months ago.
We still haven't received my mother's portion of the money.
Ax's parents are sitting on quite a fortune, so money is no issue for them.
Mother continues to make excuse after excuse about why she will have it 2 more weeks. Always two more weeks.
While we realize that we have until September, we'd like to have the nursery completed before the end of August.
It could easily take at least a month for the furniture to arrive.
Assembly could take a while as well.
Saturday night my mother came over to my house. Some how talk of the nursery came up. She seemed kind of disgusted with the topic of her portion of the nursery furniture money. We have NOT abused the topic. I understand that a gift is a gift. I refuse to be demanding or ungrateful. I know she needs time. I'll be patient. I understand that $600 is a lot of money. I just wonder, what predicament would we be in if Ax's parents hadn't offered to buy half the furniture? It seems we might have never been able to get it. I just don't understand what's up with my mother. She's never let me down my entire life. I know she'll come through now when I need her to keep her promises the most. It's just all frustrating.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

She offered! I remember when you first told us!

Maybe it's because you didn't pick out the furniture with her, that would be something that would upset my mom.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Sarah.....hmmmm, good point. I didn't consider that. Now I'm wondering. It's hard to guess what the deal is.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home