Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day

I love my mother dearly, don't get me wrong. I should be writing a post about how generous she is. I'll do that a little later. Right now I must vent my frustrations at her love of all things material.
Ax and I are on a budget. We're trying desperately to get some debts out of the way before September.
My middle brother Jonathon has just started a job and gets his first 1/2 a paycheck this Friday.
My youngest brother Jeff has a mortgage and three kids.
My mother wants us each to pitch in $75 to buy her a new standing jewelry box and expects dinner out and flowers. She deserves every bit of that and more.
It's just that right now it's a strain.
But how can I say no? I can't say no and I won't.
I have to think that this time next year may be even harder for me. However I know it's hard for my younger brothers now but they will have to bear the burden regardless.

I will not do this to my children. I'll ask for their company and that's it. Anything else they give will be of their own desire, not of my request or demand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

At least you rcognize this as the type of thing that you don't want to do to your babies!

Mom should know better than to demand so much of her kids who are just getting their financial footing... even if she DOES deserve it.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

When I gave my mom her card, she said, "Where's my present?" I couldn't believe it!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home