Wednesday, April 19, 2006

4th Anniversary...There are Good Men Out There.

Thursday is our 4th Wedding ANNIVERSARY!!! I can't believe it. I never dreamed that after so many disappointments I could love and be loved by such and amazing, wonderful man. He impresses me daily with his humor and quality of character. He has made me feel beautiful since the first minute I met him. Ax told me he loved me first, in a letter. I still have it. We met in the most unlikely place. At a party that I didn't really want to attend. We spent some time together that night, after he humored me with an off color story. My first impression of him was that he was crazy. I remember thinking, "Well, I certainly don't have to be on my toes around this guy, I couldn't care less what he thinks of me." So I was my usual self, whatever that is. I told him about my career and education. Generally I try to be modest, but with this guy I didn't care. Then as the conversation progressed I realized that he wasn't all that bad. Then, as the conversation progressed I realized that he wasn't all that bad. I realized that a few drinks had made his tongue loose. My impression of him certainly improved as the night continued. The first thing I really remember about him is his smile, laughter, and blue eyes. He was also the most handsome guy I'd ever laid eyes on. I never dreamed I'd be his type. He is so physically fit and strong. I am not either of those things. I am a plus size. When we met my hair was blonde and I had a good tan. My weight is in all the right places and I know how to accentuate them. Evidently it worked for Ax. Thank God. Ax is the most responsible, forward thinking person I've ever known. I am a bit impulsive and spontaneous. He is calculated and planning. We balance each other. I say, "Let's go, now!!" He says, "Hang on a minute. Did you consider (something I never thought of)??"
I am the most blessed girl on the planet. I thank God for my husband. He's what I've always dreamed of, only better. I pray the I can be the best wife to him possible. And in addition to having his love, I am blessed with being able to have his baby.

Once upon a time I was miserable. I went through life wondering what I'd done so horribly wrong to make me deserve the awful life I was living. Now I wonder what I've done to be so wonderfully blessed. Thank you God. Thank you Ax.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

awwwww, this is so sweet... Congratulations you two!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Best wishes on your anniversary!

You give hope to the rest of us! But I don't have rack, does that matter?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Liz, Thanks!

Sarah, Thank you too! And of course it does NOT matter if you have a rack or not. Some of the most beautiful women on the planet have limited boobage.

12:11 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I just cried.
Thanks, punk! :)

So happy for you!
You deserve it, Jenni!
And you're about to have a beautiful new baby.
Perfect life, even in all it's imperfections.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home