Wednesday, April 05, 2006

16 weeks

My belly is growing. It's feeling mighty preggers these days. Its an odd sensation to describe. I'm not really feeling movement yet, per se. Only occasional flutters that make me wonder.

Target is my favorite place to shop for maternity clothes. They're cute and comfy. I've been wearing the pants lately. My regular clothes have become too tight.

I had a vivid dream last night. In my dream I went to the fridge and got out a bottle of red wine and poured myself a glass. I drank about a third of it and gave the rest away. First of all, red wine isn't usually chilled. Maybe it was one of those that is. Second of all, I wouldn't drink a glass of wine right now for anything.
It's possible that what prompted this dream revolves around my sister-in-law Kelli.
She asked me if I would drink wine at this point. She said that it's supposed to be good for you. I'll agree that a daily glass may be good for you when it's only YOU THAT YOU'RE DRINKING FOR. I told her NO WAY.
My response was actually that I could just imagine my baby being born cross-eyed or something. Then the doctor looking at me and saying, "Sorry your baby is cross-eyed. Guess you shouldn't have had that glass of wine." Kelli just laughed. However it makes me wonder what all she did while she was pregnant. I know she smoked. That's horrible enough if you ask me. Kelli is truly ignorant is so many ways. It just seems that she fails to fully use that grey matter between her ears. Although it must be acknowledged that I too am very ignorant in many ways. Ignorance can be bliss. There are too my scary things in the world that I'd prefer to remain completely oblivious of.

Every healthy, beautiful, intelligent person alive is a walking miracle. It's frightening to think of all the things that could go wrong even before we are born. Something so very minor could cause so much difficulty. I pray everyday for healthy baby.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

STUPID JOKE ALERT:
(You've been warned)

A guy has a cross-eyed Rottweiler. He takes it to the vet and the vet asks him, "What's wrong with your Rottweiler?"

Guy says, "My Rottweiler's cross-eyed."

Vet picks him up, looks him straight in the eyes and says, "Yep. You've got a cross-eyed Rottweiler. I'm afraid I'm going to have to put him down."

"PUT HIM DOWN?" the guy exclaims, "Just because he's cross-eyed?"

Vet says, "Nope. Because he's heavy."

Told ya. It's stupid.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I too pray for your baby to be healthy!

1:07 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

We're all praying for the health of your baby.

And that people who are stupid enough to tempt fate by smoking or drinking (not to mention 9000 other bad things) when they were lucky enough to be blessed with a child.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Yep that is one goofy joke. I laughed though.

Sarah and Meghan , Thanks for the prayers. You are both very kind.
Meghan, Right on! Women who do those things are SELFISH!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home