Thursday, March 30, 2006

Preggers Equals Designated Driver

On Saturday night Ax and I went out to a new restaurant with some friends. Tom and Sandy. Tom and Ax went to high school together. Sandy and I just absolutely love each other, most of the time.
On Sandy:
She has a fabulous personality. The only thing that slightly puts me off about her is that while she seems like a free-spirited, fun loving gal ...when we go out she does a 180. Sandy goes from "lets go everywhere" and "I love to have fun" and changes to "I don't really like this place" and "isn't there something more fun to do?''. Sandy is a little odd in that respect. But aside from that she's wonderful.
But I digress, I totally didn't mean to go off on a tangent about Sandy.
It's Tom's actions that defined the night.
Tom absolutely raved about the new restaurant we visited. However it turns out that it wasn't the food he was raving about. The Long Island Iced Teas are what Tom loved about the place. Before the night was over Tom was singing a different tune.
Tom ordered a Long Island while we were waiting at the bar for our table.
Tom ordered another Long Island after that one while still at the bar.
Tom ordered a Long Island with his meal.
Tom ordered ANOTHER Long Island for dessert, I guess.
Tom couldn't finish the fourth one.
He was so drunk and loud and foul-mouthed. It was kind of embarrassing.
Ax had two drinks but was okay. He had a big meal with them.
Sandy also had two but was decent. It hit her later.
Jenni had lots of The Water, mmmmmmm.
Jenni drove.
Jenni pulled the car over for Tom to ralph up his shrimp.
(Good thing we didn't go to that movie!)
Jenni got Tom a garbage can to ralph in as he was lying on her living room floor.

Tom and Sandy finally left. Sandy seemed sober and didn't exhibit any signs of tipsy-ness whatsoever. However she told me last night that she shouldn't have been driving. She was weaving all over the place on the way home.

All I can say to that is that Ax and I tried to encourage them to stay with us longer. However Tom decided he wanted to go home and that was that.

I told Sandy I felt awful about letting her drive if she was drunk. She said there would've been no stopping Tom. He was going home no matter what.

Thankfully they weren't pulled over. However it still scares me to think about it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

After you're done with pregnancy and nursing, Ax SO owes you a night where he's DD!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Sarah, You've got that right!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Holy goodness.
Sounds to me like your friends owe you a night of DDing.
And of being a little more able to control themselves.

Goodnight, how old are these people??

5:19 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Megan, Tom is 28 and Sandy is 33. Too old to act like dummies.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home