Monday, March 20, 2006

All in the Family

This weekend was great. Saturday night we celebrated my dad's birthday. This time last year he was in Iraq. It was a double celebration! We grilled out chicken and hamburgers and had a fabulous time.
We had my niece and nephew over Saturday night. I took them to church on Sunday. There are activities that allow the children to go up in front of the whole church. Aaron and Lauren have no qualms about it. Not a shy bone in Lauren's body. She is younger (5) but leads the way. Aaron kind of follows. They're great kids.
Sunday night we went over to the in laws house for dinner. I mentioned to them that my mom was buying all the nursery furniture. Out of no where my MIL said that they would go in on half of it. I am completely surprised. They aren't exactly generous to say the least. It's very nice of them, most definitely.
I can feel my lower belly becoming more firm. It's amazing. I go back to the doctor on Thursday. I absolutely CAN NOT wait to hear the baby's heartbeat again. It fascinates me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, I can't believe you're 12 weeks already. We've been following this from the beginning! I bet your mom will be pleased to hear Ax's family is helping out!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Sarah, You bet she is! I was feeling kind of guilty for the amount it was going to cost mom. But now it's half of that so the pressure is off us both.

5:34 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

WOW!
Sounds like Ax's family really stepped up to the plate!
I wish I could convey how excited I am for you about your pregnancy. . . it seems that everyone in my life (real and otherwise) is pregnant!
You girls! I swear.

Speaking of . . heartbeat soon, another month until you can learn the sex . . are you guys going to find out - or wait and be surprised?? (do people do that anymore - not find out the sex of their child?)

6:22 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Meghan, I don't know how in the everloving world anyone could wait to find out the baby's sex. Ax and I are both FAAARRRRR too impatient for that!!! We want to know, like yesterday. I gotta know for the sake of picking a name and decorating!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home