Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Damn Those Automated Phone Systems

I just had to call the bank that handles credit for Circuit City I HATE them. Ax got this account before we were married. Therefore I am not on the account. We paid them off with our tax return a couple of weeks ago. It was a zero balance. Now the jerks have billed us for $6.53 in interest. I called to ask them why the hell they think I owe them money. I went through the automated system that picks up. Which INFURIATES me. Press this button, press that button, put in these numbers, press that number again....on and on and on. FINALLY I get an INDIAN on the phone. WITH A HORRIBLE ACCENT. IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK TO SPEAK TO AN AMERICAN. Dammit you Circuit City jerks. You want my business and my time but you can't employ AN AMERICAN to talk to me?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if by some unlikely and remote possibility that this INDIAN is an American, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN. If you've got ANY FOREIGN ACCENT WHEN I WANT TO BITCH AT YOU ABOUT SOMETHING I WANT TO SPEAK TO AN AMERICAN, BORN AND BREAD IN THE UNITED STATES WITH NO MORE THAN A YANKEE ACCENT OR A SOUTHERN TWANG.

The jerk asks me for the account number, the address, phone number, Ax's SSN. WHICH OBVIOUSLY I'M A SERIOUS CROOK TRYING TO VIOLATE YOUR RETARDED ASS PRIVACY LAWS, SO I'VE DONE MY HOMEWORK AND KNOW EVERY BIT OF THIS. And then the SOB proceeds to tell me that he can't speak to me about this account. DEAR GOD, I WANT TO TRAVEL THROUGH THE PHONE AND BITCH SLAP YOU.


*Disclaimer* I do not hate or dislike Indians, generally. Honestly I think most of them are beautiful, intelligent people. Sometimes I kind of like talking to them because their accent can be rather enjoyable. While I have had to work around a few that have stunk to high heavens due to some weird spices they eat, I don't hold that against the masses. This post was just written during a rant of utter frustration and anger. As a matter of fact I know that Indians aren't in any way responsible for the stupid Privacy Law, that would be the dumbasses in Congress. Thankyouverymuch. Have a nice day. Please come again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I've heard of companies that employ Indians (from India, in India) to do their customer service work. I've never actually encountered it. I read once that they are teaching the Indians to speak English with a Southern accent because it's been proven that society thinks that is the most pleasant accent.

I think I would die laughing if I got an Indian on the phone with a Southern accent!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Girl, you and me both!!! That is hilarious, borderline ridiculous!!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home