Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Runaway Fish Stick

Last night I cooked some oh so nutritious fish sticks for dinner.While putting them into the oven one sneaky little fish stick jumped off the pan. It fell into what I've now learned is the unknown crack of abyss between where the oven door meets the oven. At first I could see the it. I decided to be ingenious and get a fork to stab it with and remove it. Well, guess what? Frozen fish sticks and forks do not get along. I succeeded in pushing the fish stick down further into the abyss and then I could not see it.
At this point I was a little aggravated at having my head stuck into a 425 degree oven searching for a stupid fish stick. I was really afraid that it would burn and stink up the entire house. Not that I would ever really be familiar with burning something and stinking up my house ;)
So, I called Ax in to the rescue. He is such a sweetie. However as the search progressed for the fish stick and it could not be found, Ax admitted that he thought I was crazy. He claimed that there couldn't possibly be any lost fish stick. He'd looked everywhere and I was imagining things.
I laughed and said that yes, I was crazy, but there was indeed a fish stick somewhere in the oven that it shouldn't be.
Ax got a pair of tongs and was looking, looking everywhere. We emptied the drawer beneath the oven with no luck.
Finally there was a break through.
Ax found it on the side of the drawer!!! It had fallen behind the handle/lip of the drawer, to the side, onto the metal ridge that you slide the drawer in with!!!
I told him he was my wonderful fish stick finder.

So if I'm acting weird, it's because I cooked my brain last night by sticking my head into the oven for far too long to find a runaway fish stick.

3 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Your fish stick swam away?
Oh, honey.
Don't cook your head!

10:44 AM  
Blogger GreenCanary said...

Runaway fish stick!! I have spaghetti that does that all of the time. How the heck does it know to roll into the crack between the stove and the counter?! Intelligent noodles, that they are.

8:15 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Lewis reminded me.
My brother was trying to hide the Cinnamon Toast Crunch from me when we were little (greedy mongrel) and put the whole box in the oven.

Mom didn't know about it and my brother didn't remember it until she had preheated the oven. . . .
well, you can imagine the rest.

Box afire, cinnamon toast crunch alighting into flames at every turn, oven irreparably damaged.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home