Friday, February 03, 2006

Annoying People

Met my mom for lunch. Unfortunately she had to bring her extremely annoying co-worker, Kristie, with her. Kristie has the loudest, rudest personality of any person I've ever met. The last two times I met up with her I can recall a distinct desire to punch her in the nose. Normally I am a very tolerant person. But Kristie can really push my buttons. She thinks she's funny, but *insert sing-songy voice here* ....but, she's not.
Maybe my hormones are making me more sensitive. Or maybe Kristie just has the most aggravating personality on the planet. Yep, I think that's it. It's definitely HER not ME.

4 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Annoying people are EVERYWHERE.
I'm so sorry you had to put up with one.
Your mom invited a third party to lunch with you???

Maybe I don't understand your whole mother-daughter dynamic. The few times I'm able to hook up with my mother, we invite NO ONE ELSE along . .. because it's mother daughter time.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Meghan, I completely wish my mom was more like that. She is always so busy and bringing people with her. I feel like I'm competing for her time. It's frustrating.

1:05 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

It's always so odd to me to look at someone else's relationship with their family.

I spent the better part of my life making wrong assumptions: that everyone had the relationship with their sibling/siblings and parents that I had/have.

It saddens me to think that they don't. Girl, keep working at it. At least you're having lunch with your mom - - even if she is tagging annoying friends along with you.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Lizzle said...

This is why I'm so grateful for the relationship that my mom and I share... I know that she's my best friend, and that I never have to worry about competing for her attention... And we both hate the same kinds of people, so neither of us brings those types around!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home