Friday, January 13, 2006

I Almost Strangled Him

Yesterday I took the pictures and Despised Plant to Ax's office. Of course he immediately told me to, "get that thing out of here." I laughed heartily and said okay. I might've carried on a bit more if I hadn't been on my lunch break and pressed for time. I had brought a pizza with me. We went into the break room and proceeded to stuff our faces. While eating, two of his co-workers stopped by. I smiled and spoke to them. We chatted a bit.

This morning Ax looked at me over our cereal and told me that he noticed yesterday, while I was speaking to his co-workers, that I had food stuck in my teeth. He said it was something red. Ax told me that he didn't want to tell me about it in front of everyone. I just sat there and looked at him.
Questions began running through my mind at an alarming pace. The main one being, "Are the fundamental differences between the sexes so drastic that my spouse, obviously a memeber of the male gender, would allow me to speak to and smile at his co-workers with food in my teeth and not tell me about it because he thought it would embarrass me?!!"
Often when such a situation occurs between Ax and I, I honestly try to "think like a man" in order to better understand where he's coming from or why he did what he did. I do this before I strangle him.
Well, I just looked at him dumbfounded. I couldn't come up with any explanation for why he didn't subtly tap his teeth with his index finger. Isn't that the discreet, universal way of letting someone know that they have food in their teeth? Ax having tapped his teeth in this way wouldn't have embarrassed me. However, being told the next day that I talked to his co-workers with big hunks of pizza in my teeth DID embarrass me.
I proceeded to tell him that I would've let him know if he had food in his teeth and was talking to people. I would've before this new information. Now, I'm not so sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Next time you're eating there and his coworkers drop by, as Ax if he just farted. That will teach him a lesson!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Beth Fish said...

If you ever figure out how men think, please let me know.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home