Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Staring at the Wall

While I walk on the treadmill I stare at the wall in front of me and try to think of anything that will distract me. The treadmill is very tedious. I'm standing in the same place, walking, walking, walking and getting no where. Does this mimic my life? In some ways, I suppose. It surely reflects my job. Going no where.
The main point of this post is to write about the strange places my imagination can go during a seemingly simple walk on the treadmill.
1) What will my life be like in 5 years? Will I be on a treadmill in a different house? Please God, PLEASE. We have only two bedrooms. Will this room I'm in now ever belong to my baby, sans treadmill? If so, how will I decorate it? What would I name my baby (after fighting with Ax)?
2) If I were to write a book what would it be about? Once I began to plot out a book about a young girl who is wealthy due to inheritance. Her goal is to locate artifacts that are described in the Bible. She must research and decipher clues to locate the artifacts. Once found, they are kept in a secret location, guarded by a secret society.
3) If I had all the time and money in the world would I really care enough to research my family's history? I'm curious enough, but I am too lazy to actually do it? And honestly I really can't say that I even like most of my family, so why would I care about the family tree?!
4) Where would I go back to in my own life if I had a time machine? I know I'd go back to a few particular places in high school and say things to various people that really needed to be said. I'd certainly go back and tell myself to stay the hell away from my ex-husband.

I am pathetic. Who actually thinks about these dumb things, much less actually types them out?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

(You posted on my blog, so I decided to check out yours) Actually, I think it's AWESOME that you have time to think about random things and that you are acctually motivated enough to use a treadmill

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home