Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Looking Forward to New Year's

I know I've earned a celebration this New Years! Who hasn't?! We've made it thru 2005! I want to let my hair down and cut a rug on New Year's Eve! Ax and I are supposed to go out with Tom and Sandy. I just hope we can all agree on a place to go.

Christmas with my family was wonderful/tiring. My family can make a sane person insane in 2.3 seconds. No kidding.

Ax's family gathering was LOUD. There were at least 35 to 40 people there.

Things I did this holiday:
1) Stuck my foot in my mouth two times. It would've been better if this were literal. The taste of a rubber sole would be sweeter that some of the things I said to people.
2) Stuffed my fat face with delicious food.
3) Argued with my Mother In Law about religion (she's a nutty Jehovah's Witness)
4) Opened all my presents with Ax on Friday night because we couldn't wait.
5) Watched eighty million Simpson's episodes (bought Ax Season 7).
6) Gossiped about my Crazy Aunt Jackie with the family.
7) Laughed my butt off when I heard that my dad was giving a car cleaning gift certificate to his parents because he had to borrow their car and it was the nastiest vehicle he'd ever seen.
8) Sat in traffic for an hour on Christmas Eve because a tractor trailer dumped carpet all over the freeway.
9) Said Grace for my family's Christmas Eve dinner.
10) Fought with my brother because of #1.

Sounds like a hell of time doesn't it?!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Jen, Ax's mom is the ONLY JW in the family. The family gathering was at Ax's aunt and uncle's house. If Ax had been a JW I doubt it would've lasted with us. JW's don't celebrate Christmas, Easter, New Year's, Valentines, Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day,...NOTHING...IT'S A WEIRD CULT.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home