Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Early Christmas Present

Saturday night Ax and I stopped by a friends house for a Christmas Party. We knocked on the door and it was answered by Daniel, a guy Ax works with. We were shown to the kitchen area where various foods were displayed. The hostess was no where to be seen and was not introduced. We weren't told were the plates were and drinks weren't mentioned.

My conundrum with this situation revolved around the hostess. Whenever people enter my home, especially for a festive gathering, I ALWAYS greet them. Where was this chick hiding? Most women know without doubt that the lady of the house is the one who says, "Honey, lets have a party" and then she is the one who prepares the food, cleans the house, etc. Obviously I understand that there are always exceptions to every rule. But not here. The only time I spoke to the hostess was to ask where the loo was. Then later, we said goodbye.
Overall, the party was quite nice. I was just disappointed in the skills of the hostess. I would have liked to talk to her. She had a beautiful home. I'd have told her that.

We left the party and I had a headache that could've killed a horse. It was terrible.

All I wanted to do was crawl under some blankets and tune out the world. But Ax had other plans. He decided that he just HAD to give me my best Christmas present. It was really sweet of him. So I put on my smile and opened it up. It's a beautiful white gold butterfly charm with tiny little diamonds all over it hanging from a smooth white gold chain. Ax is very thoughtful and sweet. I love him dearly. I love my new butterfly necklace dearly too. It's sparkly and pretty.

2 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

That woman was obviously NOT brought up in the South.
We ALWAYS greet our guests and tell them ALL important things (drink placement, where the plates are, nearest bathrooms and emergency exits) are.

Sorry you had a headache, sweetie! Your husband is a Prince.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Aww, how sweet!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home