Friday, January 06, 2006

Accident Prone

1st occurrence that could've taken an eye out:
I was walking through the house last night. I went from the living room to the kitchen. As I walked past our roll top desk (that I want REMOVED from the premises unless I get a bigger house) a large glass candle fell off the top of it. Evidently Ax's sub woofers had done their magic and rattled it to the edge. It scared the daylights out of me. The candle hit the floor with more noise than you'd have expected from a floor with ugly, brown, thick, shag carpet. It shattered into millions of shards of glass all over the place. I picked up tons of itty bitty pieces and then I vacuumed five times. However I can still look down at the carpet and see shiny, miniscule shards still snuggled deep in the carpet. I HATE the carpet in our living room, but that's a whole other post. Later in the evening I was walking through the dining room which is couple of feet from where the candle broke. While walking through I saw a huge hunk of glass on the floor. Ax had been walking in the same area barefooted. It disturbed me greatly that he could've stepped on it and sliced his foot open.
Funny however incidental side note: The candle was from Sandy. The candle has now disappointed me just like she has.

2nd occurrence that could've taken an eye out:
A kind of skeezy but semi-good looking guy came up to the window to pay a ticket for expired tag. I had to get a folder down off a shelf next to me. Somehow I managed to oh so gracefully smack myself in the face (nearly my eye) with the rather sharp corner of the folder. I just laughed and said, it had been one of those days. He agreed that it had been for him too. That would've been one helluva workers comp claim.

Some days I just wonder how the heck I get around.

3 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Oh goodness, girl, you sound like me.

But, is it bad, that I get some odd pleasure in the fact that something your not-so-great friend gave you smashed??

5:24 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Jen, No doubt I will pass on my "clutz" gene as well. Shame I can't have it extracted.

Meghan, It's not bad at all that you feel that way. It's more than satisfying to be honest.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Nadim said...

Thanks for letting us post comments - very cool of you. I work online
with my own used college books
website. Check it out if you get the chance. Thanks again!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home