Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mr. President

Dear Mr. President,

Let me begin by mentioning that your State of the Union Address was enlightening. My overall opinion is that you have a genuine desire to be the best President possible.
Now to the real issue, please fix social security. When you said last night that by 2030 nearly 60% of the Federal budget would be used up by Social Security and Medicare...well that just kind of burned into my brain. And put a hitch in my get-a-long, shall we say. I know that you want a committee created to "study" it and come up with possible solutions. My general opinion of federal committees is not good. They are three piece suit wearing, fat salary getting, idiots.
So based on all this, let me make a few suggestions:
1. Do not give social security to rich people. I don't care if they've paid into their whole life. America, the land of opportunity has obviously been good to them. They can do without the measly social security checks just adding to their already massive bank accounts. I'm not exactly sure about how to do this but I'm pretty sure it involves checking out peoples assets. It's only fair.
2. Tighten the screws on the requirements for qualifying for social security. If I had a damn nickel for every shoplifter that said they could pay their fine on the first of the month when they got their "check" I'd be a friggin millionaire. These bums that I am looking at CAN work. That is, IF the government will motivate them by removing their free money. They CAN flip burgers.
3. Stop borrowing out of the social security money. It's not yours, DON'T TOUCH IT.
4. If you get any sort of committee going, let them all be financial geniuses. So they can create investment plans for the money. Like, get Bill Gates or someone like him.
5. If none of the aforementioned methods are successful please allow me to STOP paying into the damned fund. I can save my money, invest my money, blow my money, whatever. The key idea is that it's MY MONEY and I'd prefer NOT to be flushing it down the toilet.

Thankyouverymuch,
Average Jenni

4 Comments:

Blogger heavenlydm said...

I totally agree on points 1, 3, 4 and 5!!! As to point # 2 - interesting...lol. I wasn't aware that so many folks on ss were shoplifting.

This thing just keeps going around and around.

Happy blogging!

1:48 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Can't say anything.
Just can't.
I've declared myself a Politics Free Zone.

But I wanted you to know that I adore you, regardless.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah, what Meghan said!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Lewis, You are too funny!
Heavenlydm, Welllll, I don't really know if it's that a lot of people on SS shoplift or if it's just a phenomena for this area.
Meghan and Sarah, I completely respect the Politic Free Zone. And the adoration is certainly reciprocated!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home