Friday, January 27, 2006

The Doc

Yesterday the doctors visit went fine. The Doc told me that everything appears to be going well and that I am around 6 weeks. She didn't order any tests because she said it would be too early to see anything. Just hearing that the Doc's office test is also positive was a bit of a shocker. It concretes things a bit more to hear them from the Doc. They gave me a bag full of stuff to read and vitamin samples. It just seems as if these are going to be the longest nine months of my life. Certainly the most valuable but the longest nonetheless.
Last night we had friends over for dinner, Sandy and Tom. We told them the news. Sandy was thrilled for us and immediately offered her babysitting services. She is a sweet heart sometimes. Tom on the other hand kind of looked like I had slapped him in the face. Sandy told me privately that she and Tom had talked about the two of them having a child. She said that Tom is too worried about giving up his drinking time with buddies. That's a shame. The most important thing in life is love and doing what you can to increase it. When Tom is 40 what is he going to look back on life and remember or cherish? Will it be how many times he got shit faced drunk and threw up??? I doubt it. I can see that Tom has some growing up to do. But hell, so do Ax and I. We are in for some grown up lessons. Yikes.
I keep having crazy dreams. I dreamed last night that a horrid wolf, standing on it's hind legs, was trying to kill my dad and get into our house. I think I was still living at my parents home in my dream. Anyway, daddy beat the crap out of the wolf and all was well. It was just such a vivid and frightening dream.

4 Comments:

Blogger GreenCanary said...

My cousin couldn't believe she was pregnant throughout her entire pregnancy. Now she has a baby and she tells me that she can't believe she has a baby. One day it will sink in... when she needs a kidney or something :-)

9:48 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Goodness.
Pregnancy dreams.
Just as bad as how SLEEPY pregnancy makes you.

Sweetie, I am thrilled beyond WORDS that you are pregnant and EVERYTHING seems to be fine at this point! I hope you don't forget about us (and hopefully, maybe, please, post a picture of the baby when you have him/her) when your life gets hectic.

And, just so ya know, your email was in my junk mail and I just discovered it - - I'm SO sorry. I will respond SOON.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I will definitely be posting pics if I can figure it out. At the very least I do know how to e-mail them and will hook you up!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home