Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Idiots, Close Thy Mouth and Speak No More

My immature and boorish sister-in-law insists on speaking about miscarriages whenever I am around her. My SIL is Kelli, my youngest brother's wife, who has had 3 children. Evidently Kelli thinks I've told everyone about this pregnancy too soon. She "thinks" she may have miscarried between her second and third children. "Thinking" in what Kelli isn't doing enough of here. She knows I go to the doctor tomorrow. I even pointed out to her that the three children she had out of four were obviously very good odds. Kelli is such an evil wench sometimes. How could she not think that her words would stay with me and bother me into the late hours of the night. Putting fear in to my mind and heart. That, dear world, is cruel. In the event that I have shared my news too early it might be better to have everyone know so that they could support me in my grief. I told Kelli this very thing.
I have a feeling she will most like say more thoughtless things to me in the near future. I don't believe I will continue to exercise the same restraint I have thus far.

4 Comments:

Blogger GreenCanary said...

People are cruel, and they just don't think. You told people when the time was right FOR YOU. Be proud! Better to have a ton of support from early on then being anxious and excited alone.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Jen, you are exactly right! Kelli is a negative, pessimistic person.

Canary, Yep, Kelli is definitely short on the thinking end. And support is very important no matter what happens.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lizzle said...

Where is this kelli person? I feel the need to firebomb her car or something

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe she said it because she wanted to watch out for you.

I don't know- it was an insensitive thing to say!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home