Friday, February 24, 2006

AMAZING

Yesterday I went to the doctor and I HEARD THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I am only 10 weeks and she was hesitant to try to hear it because she thought it might upset me if they were unable to locate it. Not to mention that my slight fluffiness might get in the way. I assured the midwife (doc was out delivering a baby) that it wouldn't upset me or hurt my feelings because I've read everything I can and I understand that the heartbeat just may not be strong enough yet. So based on my comment she got the little doppler thingy and greased 'er up and went to moving it around on my lower belly and SHE FOUND IT!!!! I am still amazed and fascinated! The little beanie is alive! And it has a heart!!!!!

They then sent me for an ultrasound, which I called Ax to go to with me. He was also able to hear the heartbeat and see the little beanie kicking and waving at us!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! Ax had to leave after seeing all that, but then they did a trans-vaginal ultrasound. I was able to see the brain, spine, wee little arms and leg buds. The ultrasound tech took measurements of the baby's heart too, even at this early stage!!!!
Can you tell that I'm still a little thunderstruck and amazed?!!
God's miracles are wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Birth really is a miracle when you think of everything it has to overcome. I'm so happy for everything you're experiencing!

Love the nickname "Beanie!"

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lizzle said...

Awwww, congrats! So happy for you!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks Sarah and Liz!! I'm excited!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home