Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Apprehension

While I try to remain optimistic, I've been a bit apprehensive about things lately. My morning sickness is finally subsiding and I feel rather "normal". I'm not showing at all. I suppose the lack of discomfort worries me. I want so desperately for everything to be okay. I've heard the heartbeat and seen the beanie on the ultrasound. I'm anxious to feel, see, or hear something reassuring. I know that going to the doctor tomorrow will help tremendously. The appointment has come at just the right time. They can ease my apprehension one way and one way only. With that little doppler device that can detect the heartbeat. I'll be so thankful to hear it. I'm also very interested in my hormone levels. I hope it's all going textbook perfect.

The other point of apprehension for me regards my desk that is for sale in the paper. I got the desk when I was in college, for my birthday. It was rather expensive so I helped to pay for it. I picked it out. It's a cherry rolltop desk with brass accents. It's beautiful. Ax and I have a small house and the desk isn't functional for housing a computer. There is no place for a keyboard and the inside of the desk is full of little drawers, cubby holes, and slots. I'm sacrificing it to use the money we get to buy a much more useful computer armoire. It would hide all of Ax's computer junk. The problem is that I don't really want to sell my desk. I want to rearrange our small and already cramped dining room to make room for it. One day we'll have a bigger house. One day they'll be room for a beautiful roll top desk. Dammit. It's frustrating.

3 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Oh honey.
I don't envy you.
This is so crazy, but my furniture is SO important to me.
I saved up for every bit of it.
I made sure and bought things that would always be classic and in style.
And though I KNOW that I should get rid of some of it, I can't.
I just keep jampacking it into my house.
Oh oh oh . . how sad.
Poor, Jenni.

Sweetie, the baby is fine.
But I know how you feel.
At least when you're sick or uncomfortable - - you know you're pregnant. You know things are right.
When there's nothing in pain or sickening, you start to wonder.
Because why would it just stop?
But it does.
You're fine. The baby's fine.

I think Ax's worry-wort self is rubbing off on you.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'd keep the desk!

Just go to Wal-Mart and get one of those $50 dealies for his stuff.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Meghan, I'm really hoping the desk doesn't sell. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Yesterday was the last day it ran in the paper.
I can't wait to get to the doctor today at 11 a.m. Yes, Ax could be rubbing off on me,YIKES!!!

Sarah, We may end of having to go really cheap if we can get anything!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home