Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Damn the Glitter Icon...Go AWAY!!!

Damn this stupid Glitter thing!!! I don't know how to remove it!!! AHHHHHH!!!! Any ideas???

Today has been a helluva day. There are blinds in front of my window here. I can't open them because the track they are on has decided to remove itself from the wall. Screws have popped out and the mechanism could fall on my head at any minute. The blinds themselves are all that are propping the thing up. Nice. And I won't mention that it takes the jerks around here ages to fix anything. The upside is that no one can come to my window. It's closed, locked, and the blinds discourage people from walking up. Fine with me. I'll catch the phone and surf.

A certain big dog up in City Hall came back to talk to me about a new policy that has gone into effect. I wrote a letter to him describing why I thought the new policy is discriminatory towards certain individuals. My nerves got all messed up and made a wreck of me. However I believe that I stood my ground and got my point across. While this certain big wig is stubborn as all get-out, he did take the time to come to my office to debate the issue with me. I don't honestly expect results, however my concerns have now been made public.

5 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Okay, seriously, you gotta be more descriptive!! I'm now dying from curiousity! What policy???? Why is it discriminatory??? What's up??? :)

You do this on purpose, don't you?
Cliffhanger. AGH! :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Meghan, I've sent it to you in an e-mail...the letter I sent. It should explain it to you.

5:35 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Thank you!
I got it.
And you're right . . that is crazy.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Does it embarrass you that your concerns have been made public?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Sarah, No embarrasment at all. If I don't speak up, who will? There are too many people scared of their own shadows around here. Not me. I got this job the same way I'll get my next one.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home