Monday, March 27, 2006

The Name Game

Ax and I had better have a girl. She'll have a name.

A boy would be wonderful. Ax wants a boy and I feel like that's what the baby is.

But if we have a boy he may not have a name.

If it's a girl, she'll be Hannah Marie.

Ax is absolutely STUCK on the name "Tyrus" for a boy. We'd call him "Ty".

I DO NOT LIKE THE NAME TYRUS.

However, I may have to get OVER IT. Ax calls the baby "Ty". I'm okay with the abbreviation. Just not the entire name. Ax likes it because his favorite baseball player was Tyrus Cobb. Ty Cobb was an obnoxious jerk. Not good personality traits.

So, I don't know how this name game is going to go. I'm glad we still have plenty of time to decide.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

Well, my nephew's name is Tyler, and we call him "Ty"

I might be biased, but I think Tyler is a hell of a lot better than Tyrus, and you still get to keep the short version that he's so find of.

8:43 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

My brother's name is just TY.
Plain and simple.
Two letters.
Easy for a young child to learn to write.
No badness associated with the name because it's not Tyrus (how scary).

Go for just Ty.
Less is more.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Liz and Meghan, Yep, I'd say that just "Ty" is better. But last night Ax gave me some hope. He said that maybe we could name him something else all together!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Jen, You are exactly right. I have thought the same thing about "Tyrus". Not. Caucasian. DO.NOT.LIKE.IT. Hopefully Ax will GET OVER IT!!! (Please pray!)

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home