Monday, April 03, 2006

Intensity

These days there is no simple thing about me. Everything I feel or think is intensified by one thousand degrees.
HUNGER. When it comes to meal time, don't stand between me and my food. It seems as though my hunger is frighteningly stronger than ever before. When the pangs come upon me I must eat and soon. If I fail to eat soon, not only do I become horribly cranky, but I get an awful headache as well.
ANGER. I don't just get a little upset or aggravated. I become furiously angry and want to commit murder. I made Ax breakfast Saturday morning. Instead of coming to the table to eat within 5 or maybe possibly 10 minutes later, he NEVER came. He was on the computer working with eBay. I waited, then I ate ALONE, and he never came. There was much yelling that ensued shortly thereafter. I could literally feel myself becoming more and more angry.
SLEEPINESS. When my eyelids begin to droop the countdown to coma time is less than 60 seconds.
EMOTIONS. Saturday Ax and I went over to my mom and dad's house. My brother and his wife were there with their 3 kids (they live there). The kids were all riding their bikes. The youngest, Preslie, is 1 1/2 years. She got off her big wheel for a second. Lauren, 5 years, decided to steal it from her. Preslie began to yell, so Kelli (their mom) went over to make Lauren get back on her own bike. When Kelli gave Preslie her bike back, Preslie said "Thank you".
OMG, it was the cutest thing I've ever heard in my life. My heart absolutely melted.

So I guess what I'm saying is that so long as I 'm not hungry, upset, or sleepy I'm doing okay.
Hmmmm...I sound like a big 'ol baby here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

Hey, not only are you eating for two people, you are also sleeping for 2, feeling for 2, and getting pissed off for 2! These are important things, and you are acting on the baby's behalf as well as your own... It's ok, let it happen!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Liz, I guess you're right. It's just a shock to be "normal" for 28 years and then wake up one day and be a MANIAC. I'm trying to adjust to the new and wacky me.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I get that way when I PMS, nothing is worse than being crazy, aware of it, and not being able to do anything about it!

10:45 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I'm always like that!!
Blame hormones.
It is definitely the hormones.
Damn them to Hades.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home