Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Grrrrrrrr

I'm having a bad day. That's not a good way to start off at 9:30 a.m. It just seems that everything is totally pissing me off. The damn phone keeps ringing. I desperately want to smash it into little bits with my bare hands. There is one particular dipshit (* isn't dipshit funny looking when typed, better to be just said*)...anyway, what point was I making here? Oh yeah, the dipshit that keeps calling. His stupid kid got into trouble and the guy keeps grilling me about the way we do things here. Which I must admit that the kid doesn't sound entirely stupid, just young. At least that's the extremely limited impression I've gathered from speaking with his father. It's pissing me off and making my hormones act up! I try to be polite and give as much information as possible. Not because being a court clerk requires me to expound any and all information I have floating around in my wee little brain, but because I sincerely try to be helpful. I consider myself a public servant. However when I feel as if I'm being interrogated and run through the ringer, I become frustrated to say the least. Lemme tell ya people: You get faaaarrrrr more flies with honey. That also translates into: You get faaaarrrrr more information with a polite and un-insulting attitude. I mean damn. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability and in the most forth-coming way possible if you'll just PLAY NICE. Not because I have to, not because you sound smarter than me or richer than me, only because I have decided to be helpful. And my damn supervisor could hear me becoming agitated. Instead of helping or aiding me in some fashion, he says, "Watch what you're saying, now." He only said that because an asshole police officer had walked up to my window and could hear everything I was saying. I wasn't truly saying anything inappropriate whatsoever. See ya'll, I'm pissed.

I may leave early today. Kiss my ass clerk's office.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I feel you- I got into it with my customers today too!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lizzle said...

Yeah, I don't understand people who think they are going to get further by being a dick... Unfortunately at my office, the guy who is a major dick happens to be the VP of the company... DAMMIT!

9:58 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Ha ha ha!
I'm sure you COULD blame it on hormones, but all of us have those days.
I'm laughing WITH you, not at you.
Because I know I certainly have had a day or two (one this week!) where I could have gladly drowned at least four people in a rain puddle and felt NO remorse.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home