Monday, April 17, 2006

Nightmares

I am an idiot.
There I said it.
The first step to recovery is to admit your problem, right?
I am an idiot because...guess who watched two extremely scary movies yesterday evening and then didn't sleep for more than 30 minutes a stretch????
That would be me, my hand is in the air, I'm bouncing in my seat. Guilty as charged.

My eyelids are drooping.
I hope what I'm typing makes sense.

Ya'll, really. I tried to watch the Wizard of Oz to block out the scary images. But the Lollipop Guild just didn't cut it. Images of Hannibal Lecter were seared into my brain. Every time I closed my eyes, there he was. Doing some God awful, unspeakable thing. Like eating someone's face, or brain, or feeding their own brain to them.
Yep, if you are unfortunately familiar, we watched Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal.

I must admit that occasionally I enjoy a good scare. However these are maybe more psychological frights, not the kind where someone jumps out and says, "Boo!"

The only reason I got up to come to work today was because I was absolutely NOT going to stay at home all alone today with these lovely images to keep me company.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you removed said movies from the house!

11:03 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Are you crazy???
Watching the Wizard is the last thing to do!
Those flying monkeys scared the beejezus out of me when I was little!
It would just make me sleep even less.

Hope you get some rest tonight, chica.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Sarah, the movies are still there, but I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THEM.

Meghan, Those damn monkeys are creepy!!

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home