Monday, May 08, 2006

Guinness Book of World Records: The World's Largest Splinter

Ax and I bought some furniture this weekend. We are making an effort to streamline. A computer armoire to clean up lots of junk. A bookcase...I have never seen two people in more need of a bookcase that did not own one. Needless to say the thing is already completely filled up.

We purchased the furniture on Saturday morning and carted it home. The task of light sanding and staining then commenced. I wore a mask and sported it oh so sexily.

I then proceeded to have the WORLD'S LARGEST SPLINTER become lodged in my right thumb. I almost passed out when Ax began to poke at it with a razor blade. I almost died when he got the tweezers. He finally removed the five inch long torturer (okay maybe half inch, but whose measuring?). I bled horribly. Well, maybe just a drop or two...But it was horrible.

Now my thumb hurts. And I'm looking for my recognition from those Guinness people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

I hate to put a damper on your Guinness Book hopes, but I have a friend who literally had a 6 inch (LITERALLY) splinter in her leg... I can attest to that because I SAW it go in, and I saw it once a doctor removed it!

But I still feel your pain!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home