Monday, April 24, 2006

Busy, busy, busy!!!

Thursday I went to the doctor. I've gained 9 pounds. Excuse me while I commit suicide.
On May 4th we find out if it's a boy or a girl!! I'm excited beyond words.
Thursday we also took granny out looking for another car. Her Corsica was stolen about three weeks ago. It was stolen in broad daylight from her job, a nursing home where she is a receptionist. Seems she may have conveniently dropped the keys in the parking lot for the perpetrator. Granny could not qualify for a new car. She has ruined her credit with credit cards. She was turned down three times.
Now for the suspicious part.
Her Corsica was found by the police.
Thursday night.
After it was determined that she could not qualify for another car.
She's either got a serious prayer line to God, or serious mob connections. Probably it's just that my crackhead cousin Mark called his buddies to leave the car in an obvious place.

Friday night we went to a Chattanooga Lookouts ballgame. We got to sit in a press box with some friends. The game was rained out by a semi-monsoon at 3 innings. I was sure the Lookouts were going to loose anyway. Within the first five minutes of me watching the game, the second baseman dropped the ball THREE times. Either his glove was buttered or he'd been paid off. Turns out that the remainder of the game was played the next day and the Lookouts won, 9 to 2. I'd have like to have seen that. We'll be going back in a few weeks for another game. I really enjoy them.

Saturday night we went camping. I did not sleep at all. Our tent was pitched on very, very slight incline. Barely noticeable. We slid downhill all night. *Insert eye roll*
Sooo not fun crawling up the tent all night long, trying to drag my blankets.
That night, I had some marshmallows roasted on the fire. Previously I've never been very impressed by roasted marshmallows, meh.
Saturday night I could've eaten the whole damned bag. Four is what I stopped at. Only because everyone was staring at me. Seems marshmallow goo all over my face and mouth may have caused the looks. They were magically delicious! (wait, that's Lucky Charms)...Maybe this could be a clue as to where those horrible nine pounds came from?!

5 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

You're pregnant! You SHOULD gain 9 lbs. And umm . . eff off anyone (doctor's included) that say otherwise. When did being pregnant stop being a good excuse to get fat???

Goodness, girl, you're schedule's making me tired! Glad you had fun though! Just remember to get some YOU time.

(Ummm . . did GRANNY ruin her credit or did your nit-wit cousin help her out on that front, too???)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Lizzle said...

Yeah, I'm with Meghan, I think the 9 lbs you gained had nothing to do with the marshmallows, and everything to do with the peanut you have growing inside you!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

If you were to talk to my granny she would sing the "pitiful, poor, taken advatage of me" song. *Barf* However the truth is that my youngest brother contributed around only $2000 of the debt. Her entire debt (that she is entirely responsible for) is around $35000. It's disgusting that she will bring up my brothers measly contribution when she is obviously the cause of this problem. I'm sure that granny has charged stuff for my crackhead cousin Mark. But in her eyes the little shit can do no wrong. So she'd never admit to anything she charged for him.

As for the gained poundage...maybe I was subconsiously misleading. I gained 9 pounds in ONE MONTH. I've gained a total of 16 pounds. I'm only 18 weeks along. Excuse me while I write down lists of bridges to jump off of. Seriously, I'm going to try to be more aware of what I eat. It's just hard when I seem to be starving every two hours. Like "okay, it's time for another measl"....I'm puttihg the brakes on that!!!

5:37 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

If it makes you feel any better (ha ha), my friend Tracy who's normally like a size 4, isn't much further along than you . . . and she's gained 27 lbs.

You're doing fine.
You're supposed to eat!

Especially roasted marshmallows.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks Meghan. I love you for that. Now where are those marshmallows?

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home